City-designated cultural assets
- The Gukwu-dong trifoliate (hardy), orange tree
- The Palgeo Mountain Fortress
- The Guam Seowon (Confucian Academy) Seunghyeon Temple
- The Chilgokhyanggyo(Confucian School’s)DaeseongjeonShrine
|The location||Taejeon-dong, Buk-gu, Daegu Metropolitan City|
|The designated number||The Intangible Cultural Asset No.12.|
|The day of designation||May 27, 1996.|
|The person possessing the skill||Kim, Jong-moon|
Although there are no directly-related literature materials, regarding the Big Drum of Korea, by appearing from a myth (The myth of Dangun (The legendaryfoundingfather of Gojoseon), the Jumong Mythology) and a legend (Princess Nakrang and Jamyeonggo) of our country, as both the musical instrument of which the history is the longest among the musical instruments of Korea and, also, an euigi (an apparatus for observing the movements of the celestial bodies), which had already been settled down in the conventions and the usages of the ancient society (The yeonggo of Buyeo and the others of the like), it is an indispensable musical instrument that has been used without any distinction between the jeongak and the sokak. By becoming a pupil of Lee, Won-seok (1924~1956) in Pyeongri-dong, Daegu, in the year 1941, which was the year in which he became 17 years old, Kim, Jong-moon had learned the skill of the drum production. And, after being honorably discharged from the military in January 1954, he is a master craftsman who has been having the production of the drums as the family business until the present. As Lee, Won-seok, who came from Gimcheon, completed the program of the drum production from Lee, Soo-bong (1903~1973) in the family, it had been continued as Lee, Soo-bong Lee, Won-seok Kim, Jong-moon. During the process of the production, regarding the leather processing, after storing the rawhide after salting, after steeping by soaking in water for around 40 hours, by going through the hair loss work, by placing the leather above the woodblock, by adjusting the thickness, and, by planning, the processes, including the cutting, the drying, etc., are gone through. And, regarding the drum frame, after blocking the lumber, by going through the drying, the frame piece adjusting, the drum frame erecting, the planing, the painting, etc., the processed leather is connected to the frame, and thedancheong(the traditionalmulticoloredpaintworkon wooden buildings) is done. The materials that are used for the drum frame are the odong (the paulownia tree), the yuksong (the tall, evergreen, coniferous tree), etc.
|The location||685, Gukwu-dong, Buk-gu, Daegu|
|The charge for using||Free-of-charge|
|The designated number||Monument No. 10.|
|The architectural period||The age of the tree of over 400 years.|
The trifoliate, orange tree is mainly distributed in the provinces of Gyeongsang-do and Jeolla-do. And it grows in Japan and China, too. The tree of our country and the tree of Japan have been conjectured to have been handed down from China. The fruits and the barks are used for the medicinal stuffs. And, because there are the thorns on the stems, it is suitable for the use with the fences. At the backyard of the house of Mr. Bae, Jong-hyeon in Geukwoo-dong, three old trifoliate, orange trees, which are estimated as having been planted as a fence in the old days, have been growing. It looks like the ages of the trees are nearly 400 years old. And, among the three trees, regarding the trifoliate, orange tree on the hill on the west side, the branches are divided into the many branches near the ground. The bottom circumference reaches 1.7 meters. Regarding the trifoliate, orange tree that has been standing on the easternmost side, the height is 0.7 meter, the bottom circumference is 1.4 meters, and the branches have been growing by stretching out to the southeastern side. Regarding the trifoliate, orange trees in Geukwu-dong, as the things with the sizes and the tree ages that do not fall behind the other natural monuments and the monuments, they have been protected by being designated as the monuments.
|The location||San 1-1~Sam 1-3-beonji, Nogok-dong, Buk-gu|
|The charge for using||Free-of-charge.|
|The transportation information||Get off at the Unamji Park 1 and 2 stops: 939 Get off at the stop across the Chilgok Cheonggu Town: 708, 719, Chilgok 1-1.|
|The special feature||The Palgeo Mountain Fortress had been constructed at the top part of the Hamji Mountain, from which the Geumho River and the inside of the Daegu City can be looked down at one eye.|
Because the Guam-dong Ancient Tombs from the 5th century and the 6th century are distributed at the foot of the mountain on the west side, it is estimated as having been constructed in the Three Kingdoms Era. With the south-to-north length of the mountain fortress being around 370 meters and the east-to-west length being 200 meters, the south and the north have the form of a long rectangle by a little. The total length of the wall of the fortress is1,136.8 meters. And the area inside the fortress is 55,101㎡. Regarding the wall of the fortress, the east, the north, and the south sides had been constructed with the arrangement method of the soil and stone mixed axis. And, the west side had been piled up with the mountain stones that had not been trimmed. The height of the wall of the fortress is around 5 meters on the east, north, and south sides when seen from the outside. And the area of theseomunjireaches around 15 meters. As a result of the prospecting investigation in 2018, inside the 9 search trenches, the building site, the estimated water catchment site, the stone groups, the fortress walls, the embankments, etc. were confirmed. And, when seen through the earthenware, the roof tiles, etc., that were excavated, it is estimated that the central period of the inside of the mountain fortress is the era of the Unified Silla. ※ In the case of a group of 10 or more persons, the visit is possible through a telephone reservation (T.053-325-2344) with the Visit Information Office of the Guam-dong Ancient Tombs and the Palgeo Mountain Fortress.
|The location||20, Yeonamgongwon-ro 17-gil, Buk-gu, Daegu|
|The charge for using||Free-of-charge|
|The designated number||Cultural Asset Material No.2.|
|The day of designation||March 4, 1982.|
Although the Guam Seowon had been on the Yeongu Mountain (Presently, the Jeil Girls’ Middle School) in the year 1665 (The 6th year of King Hyeonjong), afterwards, on March 29, 1675 (In the first year of King Sukjong's reign), the master Gugye Seochim had been enshrined in Yurim. And, after performing the ancestral rites every year, in the year 1718 (The 44th year of the King Sukjong), it had been relocated to, and built in, Dongsan-dong, Jung-gu, Daegu City. After hearing the story that the topography of Dalseong (Presently, the Dalseong Park), which had beenused by the King Sejong as the village of the many generations of the Dalseong Seos, seems like the form of a head and that it is a famous, scenic spot because the surroundings are materialized with the naturally high fortress walls, Gugye Seochim had made it changed to the Namsango Station (Previously, the whole area of the Namsan Hospital). And, meanwhile, he said that he will give the stipends for many generations. However, as this was declined, he agreed to reduce the interest of the exchanges of the grains that had been harvested in the whole area of the Daegu region according to the intention of Seochim. As such, the residents of the Daegu region (The Yeongnam Confucian scholars) who had benefited had built the Guam Seowon in order to admire the eulogy of Seochim. However, after disappearing according to the order to abolish the seowon by Daewongun in the year 1868, the Guam Seowon had been built again in Yurim in the year 1924. And, in the year 1943, the Seunghyeon Temple and the lecture hall had been enlarged. After that, regarding the Seunghyeon Temple, by being designated as the Cultural Asset Material No.2, the repair construction had been done several times. And, in the year 1995, it got around to being moved to inside the Yeonam Park at San 79-1-beonji, Sangyeok-dong, Buk-gu, Daegu Metropolitan City.
|The location||597, Chilgokjungang-daero, Buk-gu, Daegu|
|The charge for using||Free-of-charge|
|The transportation information||Get off at the stop in front of the Chilgok Middle School: 527, Chilgok 3, and Express 3, Get off at the stop across the Chilgok Middle School: 527, Chilgok 3.|
|Special feature||In the case of the DaeseongjeonShrine, the size of 3 rooms on the front side and 3 rooms on the side.|
|The architectural period||Built at the end of the 14th century (※The DaeseongjeonShrine had been built in the beginning of the 17th century).|
It is estimated that the Chilgokhyanggyo was founded in the gyeongjin year of the Joseon Injo. And, inside the Confucian school, there is the DaeseongjeonShrine, which is the Designated Cultural Asset Material No.6 of the Daegu City. It is a space of the personality education in which the tradition and the modernity coexist, including the activities of the experiencing of the traditional weddings, the Seokjeon Daeje (The nationalriteto Confucius), the giroyeon (The gatheringof the elders), the liberal arts lectures, the traditional manners, etc.